Monday, February 16, 2009

Thank God For Friends

I’ve had a friend whom I’ve known since I was 8. Fifteen years later, we’re still very close. Thank God for her for entertaining me tonight after a very stressful Monday. These are some of the things I appreciate about her:

She feeds me. The beauty of having her as neighbor all my life is that I can drop by her house anytime and forage their food supply. I think I take up a significant share of their monthly food expense.

She has ESP. This is freaky. But I love her for this. Just last week I was feeling really down and she just texted me out of the blue to ask how I was. It’s also not the first time she did it.

She’s a safety net. Always dependable. Always there when you need her most.

She feeds me. I can’t emphasize this enough.

2 comments: