Sunday, February 15, 2009

For Starters

I've created this blog for a few weeks now but haven't posted anything. I've never really posted anything online before so this will be my first. I just copied and pasted what I wrote on Facebook's "25 random things." I'm still warming up to the practice of writing blogs. So here's 25 random things about me...

1. when i can't sleep at night, i just hug my sister (usually already sleeping like a log by then) until i feel sleepy.

2. my sense of direction is hopeless. when i walk into a mall or any establishment, it's like having a lab rat enter a maze.

3. i'm usually the fastest typist among any crowd. i can go as fast as more than a hundred words per minute.

4. i never need house keys. i can fit my fist into the 2x2inch square holes of our metal door.

5. when i find out the scientific/technical word to something, i tend to use that word even in ordinary conversations. i don't mean to sound high-falutin when i do that, i just want to be precise so that there'll be no room for misinterpretation.

6. drinking coffee, tea, or milk tea gives me some form of relief, i never go through the challenges of a day without drinking any/all of the above.

7. i like long trips. i can sit for hours in a moving vehicle, but i feel very restless
when stuck in non-moving traffic for more than 10mins.

8. i never liked self-introduction. after many years of doing it since the first time we did it in grade school, i still never know what to say about myself when asked.

9. i used to eat at mcdonald's for breakfast everyday of the week. now that i'm cutting cost (and for my health's sake), i try to do it every weekends only.

10. for some reason, i don't use capital letters anymore when typing. i used to adhere strictly to rules such as that.

11. i can multi-task only when one of those tasks requires thinking, and the other tasks only require physical movement. in essence, i can multi-task, but i can't multi-think.

12. my favorite number is 16. i also like 4. i like them basically because they're square numbers.

13. i can't swallow mashed potatoes, oatmeal or juice with pulp without chewing first. i believe that as long as it's solid, it has to be chewed.

14. when i see a thin sheet of glass or mirror, i would always imagine myself chewing off the corner of that glass or mirror.

15. i need to chew food when i'm stressed.

16. i have a thing about chewing.

17. the quality of my handwriting seems to degrade as years go by. sometimes, i myself can't understand my own notes anymore.

18. when i'm excited, i can tell you why i'm excited in only a fraction of the time needed to tell the story and it's usually delivered in a pitch that sometimes only dogs can hear.

19. i dream to build my own milk tea brand someday.

20. my favorite movie of all time is you've got mail.

21. when i was a kid, i was a tv addict. i can recite the commercials verbatim by heart. up to now, i only watch tv for the commercials.

22. i tried to audition for the school choir in grade school. i didn't get accepted. i attempted to join the church musical play when i was in college but failed again. i've now accepted the fact that i can't carry a tune.

23. i used to drink milk everyday when i was a kid. for some reason, i'm now lactose intolerant.

24. i always predict my cause of death will either be cancer or mad cow disease.

25. my greatest fear for the next few years is to have 3 more wisdom teeth extracted.

Special thanks to rom for inspiring me to write blogs. Naks! Palibhasa we follow each other's blogs. Hahaha.

1 comment:

  1. #10 is violated by the introductory paragraph of this blog post.

    haha special mention pa ah. this reminds me that i haven't posted in a while myself.

    ReplyDelete